Morality

Morality

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Blog Post 5: News Today By Sheikh Faaeq Raza Dilawari

Separate. Unequal. Still. How public school segregation plagues New York City, and why it matters: This is a link to the news article about segregated schools still continuing in New York.
I just want to stay that I am really disappointed that segregation is still continuing in the U.S. I mean segregation is still in some countries but in the U.S. it was gone but in some states and cities it's still continuing. I think that it should have been buried when it ended in the 1900's but I can't argue since I am not the governor of New York. Segregation is not only going in New York but also in other states of the U.S. I mean like if you really focus on your surroundings then you will learn that anywhere in the world segregation is going on in the form of racism. Racism is everywhere and you can't escape from it because a lot of people in the world are recess. In To Kill A Mockingbird there is a lot of segregation was going on since this book was published between the segregation years.
"In the fight over how to close the racial achievement gap in education, you rarely hear about the only policy that's ever worked on a national scale: desegregation."
This is a passage from the article and it clearly states that there is racial achievement gap in education. I was shocked when I read that passage because I never knew that school segregation was still going on in the U.S. and I thought that ended. Especially, in the New York it's really bad that segregation is going on in schools since New York is one of the famous places where all of the people of the world go to. It says that on the article, "So, with New York City public school students returning next month, the question is: Why isn't more being done to bring students of different races together in the most racially and ethnically diverse city in the country, one where the public schools have had little success closing a huge racial achievement gap?"
Protesting testing at PS 321 in Park Slope
This is a picture from the article and it clearly describes that there is more testing going on than teaching for some races.
I mean like why are the teachers not teaching the students and giving them more tests. No one can get a good test score without learning about the subject. I mean that people are being so recess nowadays then they were ever before since they are given more open space to be recess because they don't like something about another race. I don't agree with segregation and I think that it should end. I think a solution to end segregation would be by having the president of the U.S. to make a law that if there is segregation going on in the school all over the U.S. then that school should pay a penalty and be should be closed and that school should never be allowed to open again.

1 comment: