Morality

Morality

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Blog 4: Report on the trial

        The trial for Tom Robinson's conviction was so unfair for my taste.
        The jury's decision was so unfair because they didn't know him at all all they saw was a black man("Well, Dill,  after all, he's just a negro."), that is on trial for rape, "Oh he has to be the one that did it!"
        Let me explain what happened. Tom was wrongly accused. He denied that he didn't even rape Ms. Mayella in the quote, "I say Miss Mayella lemme outa here an' tried to rub but she got her back to the door an' I'da had to push her. I didn't wanta harm her, Mr. Finch, an' I say lemme pass, but just when I say it Mr. Ewell yonder hollered through th' window." 
       Everybody in the town knows that Tom is a good man and is a good worker so he couldn't have done this crime, but the jury doesn't know that. What should have happened is the jury knowing this town was small should've asked some of the people in the town like Toms boss and then make their verdict. This kind of relates to Scout and Francis when Uncle Jack didn't listen to Scout's side of the story and just hit her anyway .

1 comment: