Morality

Morality

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Morality blog 1


Morality

"This time, I split my knuckle to the bone of his front teeth. My left impaired, I sailed in with my right, but not for long. Uncle Jack pinned my arms to my sides and said, "stand still!" (Lee 112).
This quote is from the part of TKAM where Francis was totally trash talking Atticus, so Scout beat him up (you go girl!). As fun as it was to see that Scout got back at Francis, we have the question the morality of the situation. Francis was obviously doing the wrong thing to start with by insulting Atticus. However, Scout was also doing the wrong thing by using violence to solve the problem, even if Francis deserved it. 
This event asks the question "Is the wrong thing...always the wrong thing? and is the right thing...always the right thing?" does the moral compass sway depending on the action? Should it? I believe the answer to these questions is very personalized. As one does not share the same experiences as another, therefore, everyone will never have the same opinion. However, the fact that answers vary does not make the answer any less important. These answers, in majority (hopefully) decide important controversial issues such as the death penalty and abortion. Not only do people have different answers to the questions, they sometimes contradict each other.


Decide what kind of society you want to live in by answering these questions and ones like them. 

-P Money out

5 comments:

  1. Abortion technically isn't murder because the fetus isn't even alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the part where you ask if the right is always right and vice versa. and also i agree with wes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think we will ever know what is right and wrong. It all depends on what the law tells you and what you believe. Something that would be fine for someone else to do could be horrible for you to do because you don't believe in it. It really all depends on the person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree w/ Meredith. Choosing between what is right and wrong comes from the person, but I also see the situation the person is in as the deciding factor. I also agree with what Sam said about asking if right is always right..etc :-)

    ReplyDelete